Monday, March 24, 2014

My First Day at SurveyMonkey

Today is my first day as an engineer at SurveyMonkey! When I got to my desk, there was a laptop, monitor, magic mouse, phone, and welcome packet. They set me up with all the accounts I need and everything was super organized!

My manager David is really great. He explains things clearly and non-condescendingly. I'm going to be working on an internal tool that helps the company keep information up to date. Today I'm mostly reading through documentation and getting my development environment set up.

As for the office itself, the people here are really nice and there are stuffed monkeys everywhere, which is exciting to me. I saw a photo of a mandrill and David seemed surprised that I knew what it was called. So I guess I have exposed myself as a primate enthusiast. Also, my mentor Sara works about ten feet away, so that is awesome!

Other pluses: tons of really great snacks and treats, and lunch on Mon/Wed. Today was mediterranean food. Can't wait to get my monkey swag. Going to go figure out how to obtain that.

More soon, I hope!

1 comment: