Monday, November 18, 2013

Help Me Name My Game

If you have read my previous posts, you know I am creating a game that is supposed to attract young girls and expose them to programming concepts. I wanted the game to focus on helping a pet get to its treat by giving it directions and then hitting the go button. These are the three pets I currently have available as a choice for the user:


What I am trying to accomplish in naming my game:

  • I don't want it to sound more exciting than the game itself (ex: Pet Bonanza! - that would be a huge letdown) 
  • I don't want it to sound competitive or time-constrained (ex: Pet Race, Pet Run)
  • I want to trick the little girls into coding by luring them to my game with cuddly animals, so I don't want to let on that this is a puzzle game or that it's about coding. (ex: Pet Code, Pet Puzzle)
  • I don't want to use a name that is already a thing elsewhere (ex: Petly, PetGo)
With those criteria in mind, I think my final candidates are:
  • Fluffy Trails
  • Fuzzy Trails
  • FluffGrr
Please, please, please click here to vote and/or suggest alternatives to my final candidates. Don't be shy! I need as much input as possible, and no ideas are bad. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment